February 16, 2017
Guess what March 6th is! National Dentist Day! What is Dr. Pitarra doing to mark the occasion? Same thing you can always count on him doing—taking care of patients’ smiles. Your Corpus Christi dentist does so much to ensure that you and your family enjoy bright and healthy smiles. Let’s take a look at some of the ways Dr. Pitarra serves you.
The Top 10 Ways Your Dentist Takes Care of You and Your Smile
- The focus in on you. When you come to see Dr. Pitarra, she and her team work to make sure the treatment you receive is compassionate, professional and personalized.
- Regular Checkups. In keeping with the American Dental Association’s recommendation, Dr. Pitarra would like to see you and each member of your family at least twice each year for checkups. These appointments give us the chance to prevent dental problems from developing.
- Say “cheese” with a beautiful smile. If you have a cosmetic flaw that detracts from your smile, then Dr. Pitarra offers a number of cosmetic dentistry treatments. Schedule a consultation to learn more about porcelain veneers, cosmetic bonding, teeth whitening or all-ceramic restorations.
- Caring for older smiles. Elderly patients often present with special dental care needs. Dr. Pitarra offers services such as dentures, dental implants, and crown and bridge for tooth replacement as well as periodontal therapy to help older patients avoid the troubles of advanced gum disease.
- Eating habits. Want to know what to eat in order to strengthen your teeth or even make them whiter? Ask Dr. Pitarra. Most people know that sweets can lead to cavities, but did you know that calcium rich foods strengthen tooth enamel and raw vegetables like broccoli and carrots help to scrub away surfaces stains?
- Dental maintenance during pregnancy. Just as pregnancy can impact your general health, these special nine months can affect your oral health, too. Be sure to see Dr. Pitarra for your regular checkups in order to avoid problems such as pregnancy gingivitis.
- Finding disease. At your dental checkups, your dentist doesn’t just clean and polish your teeth. He is also on the lookout for troublesome dental diseases such as tooth decay, gum disease and oral cancer.
- Kids are welcome. Kids need to see the dentist just as regularly as mommy and daddy. Because brushing and flossing are usually more difficult for children, these twice yearly checkups can help ensure your children’s teeth are well cleaned and decay is in check thanks to fluoride treatments and dental sealants.
- Fear not, the dentist is here. Dr. Pitarra and her staff understand that what we do can make some people anxious. No worries—we offer sedation dentistry to help melt away your fears.
- Pain relief. Don’t tolerate dental pain. Call our office immediately so Dr. Pitarra can examine your teeth, determine the cause of pain and treat appropriately.
Call Our Office Today
Come celebrate National Dentist Day with Dr. Pitarra! Contact our office to schedule an appointment for a dental checkup.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.