Skilled Specialty Dentistry in Corpus Christi
While our Corpus Christi dental practice is focused on offering preventive dental care to help patients maintain their healthiest smiles, Dr. Pitarra and her team also offer a number of advanced, specialty treatments in one convenient location. We dedicate hours to continuing education in order to offer advanced treatments without referring patients to outside offices whenever possible. We invite patients from Robstown and throughout Nueces County to contact our practice to find out more about advanced dental services or schedule a consultation appointment with our team.
Do you look in the mirror and see a crooked smile? Maybe you've never had braces before, or maybe, your teeth have shifted in the years after your braces came off. Clearcorrect Aligners are a fantastic way to more discreetly straighten your teeth. While the treatment strategy is similar to traditional metal braces, Clearcorrect can be taken out if necessary. In order to expedite treatment, we do not recommend leaving your trays out for long periods of time. Get the smile you love with Clearcorrect!
Sedation dentistry is most often thought of as a solution for patients who experience fear or anxiety before visiting the dentist, but it can helpful in a number of other instances, including:
- Relieving discomfort for patients with sensitive teeth, gums, or gag reflex
- Safely treating patients who have physical or cognitive impairments that make dental care unsafe or uncomfortable
- Completing several treatments or complex procedures in just one appointment
In the past, our team utilized traditional X-ray images. These radiographs took time to develop, required the use of hazardous chemicals, and took up significant amounts of space for storage. Today, Dr. Sarah Pitarra and her Corpus Christi team use digital X-rays that offer a number of benefits, including:
- Higher definition images allow our team to diagnose common health and developmental concerns in earlier stages with more conservative treatment options.
- Immediately available for viewing on chairside monitors.
- Easily transferred to patients, specialists, and insurance providers.
- No need for extended waiting times or hazardous chemicals.
- Produces up to 90% less radiation.
- Easily compared between appointments for earlier diagnosis and better understanding of patients’ changing oral health.
- Quickly and comfortably captured.
Emergencies of all kinds can be stressful and frightening, but for most types of emergencies, people have a plan of action like “call 911” or “go to the emergency room.” For years, dental emergencies have been the rare exceptions. Dr. Pitarra and her dedicated team know how important it is for our patients to have somewhere to turn during an emergency, and we’re happy to help when they need us most. Simply call our Corpus Christi practice right away, and we’ll help you get started down the road to relieving pain and restoring damaged smiles.
We trust our patients to know when they need immediate assistance, but if you feel unsure about whether you’re experiencing a dental emergency or not, consult our list of frequently treated dental emergencies below.
- Avulsed (knocked out) teeth or dental restorations
- Chipped, cracked, fractured, broken teeth or dental restorations
- Damaged dentures
- Soft tissue lacerations
- Severe toothache